COVID-19 RELIEF BILL SIGNED
On December 27, a $900 billion COVID relief bill was signed into law. Many items in the bill are relevant to the Barre community.
• $600 direct payment to each adult and $600 for each dependent.
• $25 billion in rental assistance and extension of the federal eviction prohibition until the end of January 2021.
• $300-a-week federal unemployment subsidy.
• $10 billion in grants for childcare providers and $250 million for the Head Start Program
• $12 billion for small lenders focused on low- to moderate- income communities.
• $15 billion for entertainment venues.
• $12 billion for crop farmers, cattle ranchers, and rural communities.
• $284 billion for first and second PPP loans and expanded eligibility for local newspapers, TV, and radio broadcasters.
• $20 for Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
• Expansion of the Employee Retention Tax Credit.
Businesses wanting to learn more about these programs are encouraged to contact Barre Area Development directly on Facebook at @BarreAreaDevelopment, email at email@example.com, or call (802) 476-0660
Source – https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-is-in-the-900-billion-covid-19-aid-bill-11608557531