USDA 2021 RURAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GRANT ROUND ANNOUNCED
SDA Rural Business Development Grant program is a competitive grant designed to support targeted technical assistance, training, and other activities leading to the development or expansion of small and emerging private businesses in rural areas that have fewer than 50 employees and less than $1 million in gross revenues.
Below is a list of eligible uses. Letters of Intent are due December 11th. Maximum awards are $30,000. Eligible applicants include non-profits, municipalities, development corporations, and state agencies.
Rural Business Enterprise Grants (RBEG) funds may be used for:
- Acquisition and development of land.
- Easements and rights-of-way; construction or repairs of buildings, machinery, equipment, roadways, utilities, and pollution control and abatement facilities.
- Provision of loans for startup operating cost and working capital.
- Professional services necessary for project planning and development.
- Establishment of a revolving loan fund; development or operation of rural distance learning networks and/or programs for adult students.
- Technical assistance for small and emerging businesses.
- Technical assistance and training to rural communities related to passenger transportation services and loan participations.
Rural Business Opportunity Grant (RBOG) funds may be used for:
- The identification and analysis of business opportunities that will use local rural materials or human resources (including feasibility and business plan studies)
- Technical assistance or leadership development training to rural entrepreneurs and managers.
- Establish business support centers.
- Conduct local or multi-county economic development planning.
- Establish training centers which provide training to rural businesses in the utilization of interactive communication technologies to develop international trade and markets.
- Pay fees and charges for professional services necessary to conduct technical assistance, training, or planning functions.
Visit the USDA website to learn more – https://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/rural-business-development-grants/vt
Barre Area Develpoment is available to provide technical assistance to organizations interested in applying.